Job Title: Finish Carpenter Department: Production
Reports to: Director of Production Date: ASAP
The Collaborative Production Experience
The Finish Carpenter at Freedom Design + Build, Inc. will spend their time working with their teammates to complete the finish details and other carpentry tasks throughout the production of our projects. From the initial groundbreaking to the final completed project, our Finish Carpenter will work in partnership with the production team and our clients to create remarkable homes.
Day to Day:
- Communicate with our clients, trade specialists, and project managers, to manage and perform the end of project completion tasks.
- Work with our team of trade specialists to assist them with layouts to ensure accuracy with the project plans during all phases of construction, but primarily with finish carpentry.
- Install custom millwork, cabinetry, and hardware.
- Inspect the work of our trade specialists for quality, accuracy, and site cleanliness.
- Install site protection prior to the start of construction and throughout the project as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to maintain a positive and enthusiastic outlook.
- Excellent finish carpentry skills with an enthusiasm for great craftsmanship.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and follow construction plans.
- Technical understanding of residential construction and building codes
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and self-manage.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 7 years of finish carpentry experience
- Background in customer relations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and move freely throughout a construction site.
- Own a reliable work vehicle, valid driver’s license, and proof of vehicle insurance.
- Own and maintain your own carpentry tools.
- Dependable work ethic which includes, being on-time, working the entire day, and arriving every work day ready to perform your responsibilities.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Health, vision & dental
- Financial compensation based upon experience
- 401K with match
- All federal holidays
- Vacation time
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org